Tuesday, 21 March 2017

The Not-so-Silk Cami

Hello my lovelies,

I've finally got round to photographing all my finished makes from the last 6 months or so. So expect some regular posts for the next few weeks (makes a change).

Today, it's another Sew Over It Silk Cami top but in a lovely white embroidered cotton lawn that I bought from Croft Mill over the summer.


The pattern is quite large and wide spread, and doesn't show up well in photos, but it's very pretty.

Not much to report in terms of fit and sewing up as this is the third version of this pattern that I've now made. All I would say, is that the embroidered parts were somewhat annoying to sew over and you had to be super careful about keeping your stitching line straight as the embroidery always wanted to knock you off course.

I wore this top SOO much over the summer, along with the other silk camis I made as well. they were such an easy go-to top to wear, whether it was with skirts, trousers or shorts, so I'm sure I'll make up more of them in the future!


If you haven't made this top already, I highly recommend you do, as it has become such a staple of my wardrobe. It looks great tucked in or worn loose too, so would be great for work as well as more casual wear. And as with all Lisa Comfort's patterns, the instructions are always super clear to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment