Friday, 30 October 2015

Finished Project: Baby Blanket

Hello all! How are you all doing?

Another finished project for you today. I finished for maternity leave last Friday so I've got time to start doing some crafting again before Bean arrives in just a few short weeks! Eeek!


Having made a baby blanket for both my nieces, I thought it only fitting that I make a blanket for my soon to be addition to the family too. Since we don't know whether Bean is a boy or a girl, I wanted something relatively neutral  in terms of fabric choices. I decided to go for greys, blues and yellows.

The chevron fabric came from Ditto Fabric, the polka-dots from Cotton Patch and the cloud fabric came from an Etsy seller in Australia sine I wanted cloud fabric and couldn't find anyone in this country selling any I liked.

It's not a complicated design - I'm no expert patchwork sewer - plus I really just wanted the fabrics to stand out and speak for themselves. I've backed it in a plain yellow brushed cotton for a softer touch underneath. Other than that, not much to add really.

Next up - 3x Christmas stockings for me, Mr HM and Bean - 1 1/2 of them have already been made and then 2x hanging fabric advent calendars - once for the nieces and one for our house. I've been meaning to make these advent calendars for the last couple of years and never got round to it.

I'm also currently finishing off a baby cardigan for Bean - just the hood and button band to finish.

2 comments:

  1. Aah the blanket is lovely :) Missed you today at the sewbrum meet up. Good luck for Bean's arrival and hopefully see you sometime next year - maybe we could do a mummy and baby catch up when you're all settled? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah missed everyone too - I'm a bit big and uncomfortable now though to traipse round Brum unfortunately!

      A mummy and baby meetup would be lovely! It would be great to see you again and meet your little one!

      Delete