Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Finished Project: Grainline Hack

Hello hello, how are we all?

Unfortunately, the summer holidays are now over and I've been back at work since Tuesday - RUBBISH! But at least there's only 7 weeks to go till I finish for maternity leave! (Not that I'm counting or anything!) However, I do have a finished make for you again today. A Grainline t-shirt hack.


I made this at the start of the summer holidays (despite having other things I'd planned to make - like an actual, proper Grainline t-shirt, with the insect material I bought I while back). I had this idea in my head of a cross over front t-shirt and thought the Grainline pattern would work a treat.

And it pretty much did. Although there are a few tweaks I need to make to the hacked pattern still. Like increasing the size across the bust as it pulls a bit and I want it to be a little more relaxed and roomy.


Despite it not being perfect, I've worn this loads since making it and it's become a summer staple this year. I used some left over yellow broderie anglais I had in my stash.


I decided to get rid of the sleeves and widen the arm hole slightly then bind it all off with bias binding. All in all, a nice, straightforward, quick, make. The longest part was drafting out the new front pattern piece! :-) I've currently got a second version cut out with about 1 - 2" added to the bodice pieces so maybe that will make the fit better.

5 comments:

  1. What a good idea for a maternity top! Enjoy the last few weeks at work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's what I thought. 5 weeks to go and counting! Things are unfortunately pretty stressful at work at the moment, so no relaxing last few weeks for me!

      Delete