Another finished project for you today and another item to add to my vintage pledge. This is the third of the 5 vintage patterns I pledged to make this year. When I signed up for the pledge, the plan was to use the patterns I already have in my stash. However, my plans were thwarted by me becoming pregnant 5 1/2 months ago so I decided to buy a couple of vintage maternity patterns to see me through the next few months and also hit my pledge too.
So, this pattern is from the 70's and, although I will probably never make the dress or trousers, I really liked the swingyness of the top. the pattern was a bust size 34" which means I should have sized up to 36" but it looked quite a loose pattern so I decided to leave it as was. And I'm glad I did! It's massive on me even at this size! :-) I actually made this top way back in summer half term when the bump was virtually non-existent, but even now with a much larger bump it's still pretty spacious!
This was such a quick make plus it's made with swapped cotton I scored from my first ever Birmingham sewing meetup so that's an added bonus - no new purchases necessary.
The original pattern calls for a zip up the back. No idea why given the looseness of the fit, so I decided to ignore the zip, sew up the back seam and just leave the back yoke open to add a button. This is more than enough for getting the top on and off so I'm glad I didn't waste a zip on this pattern.
So that's pattern #3 finished. The next vintage pattern on the list is this one: Simplicity 7363. I love the dress in this pattern and I may make the top as well. No idea when I'll get round to making it. Our house is currently in complete upheaval mode while we decorate so I have no sewing space to speak of! :-(