Sunday, 18 January 2015

Vintage pattern pledge 2015

Hello all!

I've decided to sign up for the Vintage pattern pledge his year. Thanks to A Stitching Odyssey and Kestrel Makes for hosting it this year.

My pledge this year is a simple one really.

To sew at least 5 vintage patterns from my current collection. 

I have so many patterns I haven't sewn yet it seems a shame they just sit languishing in a box. And in true organised fashion I happen to have just finished my first vintage pattern of the year already!

Simplicity 3062. More pictures to follow when I get round to photographing it properly.




I've made it for a wedding I'm going to in February... Mainly to go with a vintage hat I found in a local vintage shop which I fell in love with despite not having anything to really go with it. I figured why not make something to go with it! I have to say it's probably the first time I've made an outfit round an accessory before...


Next up - a vintage jacket to match the hat and go over the dress.




6 comments:

  1. Wow - that hat is amazing! The dress looks awesome too. If I had the pattern, I'd definitely be making the cropped jacket to go with the dress, but I love the other pattern you've chosen too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cropped jacket too, I just want something a little warmer for the wedding since February isn't exactly the warmest month! I'll definitely get round to making the cropped jacket too though at some point.

      Delete
  2. Well done on getting the first one in already! Beautiful patterns, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice. Yes they are lovely patterns. No idea why it's taken so long to make them really. :-)

      Delete
  3. Great, can't wait to see it in more detail.

    ReplyDelete