I've finished another dress! ;-) I finished this way back over the summer but I've only just remembered to post about it!
This is a bit of a pattern hack. I found this fish fabric in Barry's fabric warehouse last time we had a Brum meet-up. I was planning on making a strappy little sun-dress, but decided against it in the end.
I used the Colette Pastille bodice pattern (like I did with my map dress) but I didn't want such a high neckline at the back, so I created a V-neckline instead for a bit of variety.
I lined the bodice using the method the By Hand London girls show you in the Elizalex dress pattern (which is pure genius, can't believe I haven't come across it before!), and then decided I just wanted a basic gathered skirt, so I used the Cambie pattern pieces to save measuring out and guessing the size I needed.
All in all, I love this make. And, because it's using pattern pieces that are already sized to fit me, this was such a quick make. I literally, cut the pieces out and sewed it up in a single afternoon. Probably also helped by doing a machine sewn hem.
The only thing I would change next time is the length of the skirt - I'm not a fan of showing off my knees and much prefer skirt to be slightly longer, but he-ho I'll still get lots of wear out of this I'm sure.