Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Finished Project: pattern hack pastille

Hello hello!

I've finished another dress! ;-) I finished this way back over the summer but I've only just remembered to post about it!

This is a bit of a pattern hack. I found this fish fabric in Barry's fabric warehouse last time we had a Brum meet-up. I was planning on making a strappy little sun-dress, but decided against it in the end.

I used the Colette Pastille bodice pattern (like I did with my map dress) but I didn't want such a high neckline at the back, so I created a V-neckline instead for a bit of variety.


I lined the bodice using the method the By Hand London girls show you in the Elizalex dress pattern (which is pure genius, can't believe I haven't come across it before!), and then decided I just wanted a basic gathered skirt, so I used the Cambie pattern pieces to save measuring out and guessing the size I needed.

All in all, I love this make. And, because it's using pattern pieces that are already sized to fit me, this was such a quick make. I literally, cut the pieces out and sewed it up in a single afternoon. Probably also helped by doing a machine sewn hem.

The only thing I would change next time is the length of the skirt - I'm not a fan of showing off my knees and much prefer skirt to be slightly longer, but he-ho I'll still get lots of wear out of this I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like to show my knees either lol! beautiful dress! it's alwasy good to be able to get a little sewing in!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dress Helen, the fabric reminds me of The Little Mermaid! Would love to see photos of you modelling it to see what the neckline looks like.

    Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both? unfortunately it's not a winter dress!? thanks both. It's just a shame that it's not really a winter dress!

    ReplyDelete