Well, in the previous post I said I was working on the Sense and Sensibility Swing Dress and.... it's almost done! Just the hem to finish off once it's hung for 24 hours.
The fabric I've used is a viscose fabric - can't remember where it's from - but it's lovely and drapey. Perfect for this dress. (Excuse the mess in the pictures - my sewing room is in the spare bedroom, which hubby thinks is his dumping ground!)
It's such a lovely summery fabric too - although I'm now realising I should probably have sewn a lining in as it's also quite see-through! I guess I'll just have to wear a slip with it instead. Not to worry.
Also in progress is a pair of Smooth Sailing shorts in some Hawaiian fabric ready for summer. I made a navy pair of these shorts the summer before last and they are so comfy so I'm looking forward to having another pair.
I've also cut out all the pieces for the Elizalex dress in my Russian Doll fabric I bought from Barry's last time I went on a fabric splurge.
Here's to some happy sewing time (hopefully) over the next week or so.