Thursday, 13 March 2014

FO: World map dress

Hello all, long time no speak.

I have a finished object for you today. My World Map dress. It's a mix of the Pastille bodice and a circle skirt. I love the bodice of the Pastille, as the little cap sleeves are all part of the main bodice.


I finished this about 5 weeks ago and it was a relatively quick make as the pattern pieces were all ones I'd used before. Plus I couldn't be bothered to finish the seams off with anything more than a zig-zag stitch so that made it extra quick too.

I finished the hem off with horse-hair braid, which I really love on this skirt as the cotton is quite lightweight so it gives the skirt a little shape.


I also did a lapped zipper. I'm quite happy with the matching pattern across the zip - especially as it was completely unintentional!


The cotton is from Barry's Fabric Warehouse (where else - it's amazing!).


That's about all I have to tell you about this make really.

In other sewing news, I have a Hollyburn skirt waiting to be hemmed (with horse-hair braid again - I love that stuff).

I also have half an Elizalex dress made, but I had a bit of a stupid turn while cutting out the pattern and managed to cut out the skirt pieces upside down on my fabric (duh). So I've had to convert the skirt pieces to a normal pencil skirt (my trusty Gertie pencil skirt pattern). I've yet to sew the skirt to the bodice but hopefully I'll get it done at some point this month.

4 comments:

  1. This looks so good on you, I'm pleased I got to see it in real life. Wish we'd snapped a few pics of you wearing it though ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back lady!! Now don't disappear on us again. Can't keep waiting for shopping trips to hear what you've been up to :-) Though they are excellent fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I love the fabric too. The kids at school thought it was great as well. I think they think I'm a little bit bonkers but it makes them smile so it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete