I made the wool plaid version first back in March, ready to take on our mini-moon to Edinburgh along with my Swing Dress. I cut a straight size 6US and added about 2" extra to the hem. Unfortunately I managed to slash through the fabric towards the hem when I was serging the seams though so ended up having to make it shorter than I originally wanted.
This was my first attempt sewing with a woollen fabric and it was an absolute dream although the fabric could get bulky at the hems. I'm so happy with how well I matched the plaid too! Never done it before so it could have gone horribly wrong.
I made the green version next out of some stable knit fabric - I love the colour of this fabric! Plus I managed not to slash through the hem this time so I got the below the knee vintage length that I wanted!
Then, when we were in Edinburgh I found some lovely petrol blue double knit in a fabric shop up there and thought I'd see how well double knit worked with this pattern too. It doesn't work as well as the green stable knit but it's still just fine and has a more relaxed, softer feel to the skirt rather than the rigid pencil skirt of the wool version.
Next up to be made is a bright red version made out of some red gabardine I bought on the last Birmingham sewing meetup last month. Then that should be it.... for now at least!