Monday, 18 November 2013

Finished Project: Woolen Cambie skirt

Hello strangers. It's been a while.

So, way back in April, Rochelle of Lucky Lucille posted about a skirt version of the Cambie dress she had made. I thought it was such a great idea and decided it would be a perfect idea for making a winter weight skirt with some wool fabric I'd found at one of my local charity shops. It's only taken me 6 months to get round to making it!

This is such a simple, yet useful make to put together. It can't have taken me more than an hour or so to complete. I have plans for another woolen version with some more charity shop fabric I found, as it's turned out to be such a great staple piece of clothing for work since making it!

I didn't make any changes to my pattern pieces in terms of sizing but I did add a couple of extra inches to the waistband length to allow for a decent cross over for a hook closure at the back.

I totally forgot that I usually add at least another 2" on to he length of the skirt pieces though so it's ended up shorter than I had originally planned, but not to worry it's still absolutely fine!

I used some brown stripy 70s cotton I was given by my aunt to line the pockets and waistband - I really love the peep of a pattern at the pockets.

Other than that, not much to add about the construction.

In other news, I've still not got round to making my Elizalex dress as, when I went to cut out all the pattern pieces, I realised all my skirt pieces have gone missing and I haven't been able to find them since! I think I'm going to have to buy the pattern again in order to make it and I'm gutted.

So up next is who knows what as school is manic as usual. I'm determined to take part in Tasha's knit-along for her new knitting pattern the Victory beret.