Saturday, 31 August 2013

FO: Another Gertie Pencil Skirt and WIP disaster.

OK so I promise this will be the last one of these - at least for a while anyway! I have loads of short lengths of woolen fabric I intend to use for a couple of winter versions though, but I'm not planning on making them just yet!


Not much to report on this in terms of putting it together. I've got the fitting just right after 3 previous versions so this was another extremely quick make. Ignore the creases - it's been sat in my wardrobe for a couple of weeks so has got a little squished.

It's made out of some pillar-box red gabardine fabric bought in Barry's Fabric Warehouse in Birmingham at the last Birmingham blogger meetup a few months back. I added length to the skirt again to ensure it  fell below the knee as I really like this length on pencil skirts.

That's about all to say about this skirt - the vent edge are bound with checkered black and white bias binding, the hem with some red lace I had in my stash and I did another lapped zipper.



In other news, those of you who follow me on Instagram will have seen a picture of some lovely mustard coloured broderie-anglais I was planning on making a self-drafted pleated skirt out of....


well it was an unmitigated disaster so I'm planning on salvaging the fabric and making a lightweight Ginger skirt out of it instead. I can't be bothered with the hassle of trying to sort out the self drafted skirt at this point, so when I can sum up enough enthusiasm to make the Ginger skirt I'll show pictures, but at the moment the fabric is just languishing on my sewing table.

In slightly better news however, I've finally got round to tracing the bodice pieces for the Elisalex dress so I can do a muslin fit first. Hopefully that should be finished soon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment