Another finished make for you today. This time my Cambie dress, made with the tape measure fabric I bought on the Birmingham Blogger Meetup back in November. I fell in love with this fabric the moment I saw it. I actually have a different colour variation saved on my Pinterest Board, but when I saw these autumnal colours I just new this was the version for me!
I did however, have a minor disaster when cutting out the pattern pieces on this version. I bought 3m of this fabric at the meetup but, probably because I decided to cut the pieces so the tape measures ran horizontal, I managed to not have enough to cut out the front skirt piece! Oops. Luckily, a quick trip back to Barry's the other weekend got me another meter of fabric - enough to finish cutting out the skirt pieces.
I added another 2" to the length of this version to make it properly on the knee instead of just above it like my other versions. I also added crochet lace to the hem of the underskirt - just for fun - because I could!
I did a lapped zipper on this dress instead of the concealed zip (because i didn't have a concealed zip of that length and couldn't be bothered to go out and buy one), which made attaching the lining slightly different from usual, but I managed it in the end.
I wore it out for the first time the other day and loved it. It was so nice to be wearing a bit of colour on such a dull day - much more interesting than everyone else's grey and black! :-)
In other news, I've also finished (finally) by Bombshell Dress so I'll put up a post about that in the next day or so.