Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Blogging Award

Oh, the lovely Amy over at Almond Rock nominated me for the One Lovely B|log award. I'm very flattered, so thanks Amy!

lovelyinspiringaward
Looking on Amy's blog, these appear to be the rules:
1) Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.  2) Share seven things about yourself.  3) Nominate ten other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know. Easy!
1. I met the lovely Amy last November at the Birmingham Blogger Meetup and since then I've been an avid follower of her blog (even if I hardly ever get time to comment on it or any other blog at the moment) so it's so lovely to be nominated by her.
2. Mmmm right, interesting facts.... not sure these are all overly interesting but here we go:
  • I love rock climbing - I started climbing about 5 years ago and me and my other half like to go indoor climbing as much as possible in the winter and outdoor climbing in the summer.
  • I'm getting married at the start of April this year (T minus 6 weeks!).
  • My other half and I like climbing so much we're taking our climbing gear with us on our mini-moon to Edinburgh after we get married as the city has the largest indoor climbing wall in the UK if not Europe!
  • I'm over half way through my Primary PGCE - in 6 months I will apparently been trained enough to have complete control over my own class of children - scary thought! lol
  • I'm a massive fan of the US sitcom New Girl and I reckon I have a bit of a girl crush on Zooey Deschanel.
  • I haven't given anything up for Lent, because there's no point as I never stick to it - how's that for commitment!
  • I'm really missing not having much time to sew/knit/do anything crafty at the moment - who knew when I started sewing that I'd become slightly addicted to the process?
3. OK now for the 10 bloggers I nominate. Some of these lovely people may well have received this award before but I've just found them so inspiring the last few years that I couldn't NOT include them. For the rest, I've tried to nominate people who haven't had the award yet. 
  • House of Pinheiro: Rachael is just so lovely - and stunning to boot! I absolutely love her creations.
  • Handmade Jane: One of the first blogs I started following when I first got in to sewing my own clothes, she never ceases to wow me with her makes.
  • Moonbeam: Another lovely blogger I met thanks to Marie's Birmingham Blogger Meetup. She's just created the most gorgeous bridesmaid outfit!
  • My Happy Sewing Place: Another one of my earliest blog finds. Debi is absolutely inspiring when it comes to vintage makes - she's currently working through all the McCalls 1940 patters!
  • Lucky Lucille: I just LOVE this blog, what more can I say!
  • Did You Make That: Again one of the first blogs I started reading when I got into sewing my own clothes. Karen's makes are just amazing, nuff said!
  • Seamless: A great blog - Elena has pledged not to buy any new clothes and not only that, she's inspired loads of other people to jump on the pledge too - if that's not inspiring I don't know what is!
  • Sew Brunswick: This is such a great blog and this lady makes some great clothes!
  • Molly's Sewing and Garage Sale Adventures: Now if making your own wedding dress isn't inspiring enough for people, they obviously can't be pleased - it's something I considered for about a week and then decided it was way too much stress, so hats off to Molly!
  • Aventuras de Costuras: I started following Merche during MMM '12 last year - her clothes are just amazing - plus I get to practice my Spanish at the same time when reading her blog. For those of you with no Spanish though, don't worry, she writes in English and Spanish!
Phew, so there we have it.

Thanks again Amy for the lovely nomination!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love darling... Oh congratulation on your wedding x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! You're so sweet :) I am absolutely horrible about these awards because I can never think of interesting things to write, or JUST 10 other people to nominate lol. That's so neat you're into rock climbing! I've only done indoor climbing twice and each time I was so terrified of the height I nearly peed my pants haha! Not cool.

    p.s. best wishes for your wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have a girl crush on Zooey D too... Gosh, 6 weeks is really soon now! I've never done rock climbing but when we went on honeymoon to Italy last year, we went for a hike in valleys by the Ligurian coast that had recently been hit by earthquakes and found ourselves having to climb out of a completely destructed valley. I've never been so scared in all my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too on Zooey D!

    Well done on the award! I don't climb, but have been to the Ratho climbing centre and it looks amazing, and is always very busy! (They have soft play there, in case your wondering why I would go there if I don't climb!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for your award, and great choices on your nominees. I had never run across Moonbeam before. What a treat.
    Best wishes and happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Your wedding is in April??? You must be so busy! Thank you for the nomination, it's an honour!
    Climbing,wow! The beautiful sights you'd see! Loved knowing more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your wedding and thanks for the nomination! I might not continue the chain for a few weeks, my wedding is T-minus 2.5 weeks! Yipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaay. Zoe D is awesome I agree. How exciting about the wedding and the mini moon!! Hope you're not too busy with your course and wedding prep

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nomination! All the best for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete