Sunday, 6 January 2013
Finished Project: Grey Linen Simplicity 2451
Can you tell I'm still on school holidays at the moment - I think I'm probably close to posting the same number of posts during this 2 week holiday as I managed throughout the entire Autumn term!
Anyways, another finished make for you here. Simplicity 2451, (same pattern as my flowered dress refashion) and another refashion to boot. This time, from a pair of grey linen trousers which were miles to big for me.
I wear the flowered version of this skirt a lot, but it's a little short so I'd never dream of wearing it without tights. So I decided to lengthen this grey version as much as possible (about 2" overall I think), given the limited amount of fabric. I also added about 1/2" on to the waistline as well so that it would sit slightly lower on my waist than my first version. Which altogether makes for a much more summer friendly skirt!
I cut the front skirt pieces with the inside leg seam as the centre fold and the back pieces just squeezed on to the other leg. I managed to get the pocket pieces out of the same fabric but had to cut the waistband facings in a different fabric, so I used up some of the red cotton left over from my Linda skirt and Bow Tie blouse.
I've had the pattern pieces for this skirt cut out since before the summer, but I kept getting distracted by other makes. I finally sat down on Wednesday and sewed it all up. I spent about 3 - 4 hours making this skirt, no more so a rather satisfying afternoons work if i do say so myself!