Saturday, 12 January 2013

Finished Project: Embroidery

I've been meaning to have a go at some embroidery for a while now and having purchased a couple of patterns from Sublime Stitches last year, I thought it was about time I actually used one of them!


This is the So Stitchy pattern. I thought it would be a good pattern to have a go at lots of different stitches with - kind of like a sampler.

I got to use the chain stitch, back stitch, cross stitch, split stitch, stem stitch, lazy daisy for the flowers and french knots. My stitches aren't always the neatest, but all in all I'm quite happy with the results and it makes a nice craft related picture to hang up in my sewing space.

I'm planning on having a go at the Many Mountains pattern next - I want to sew up the pattern in four different colour variations so I can have a group of embroidered pictures.

7 comments:

  1. I bet you had such fun stitching that! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. It was nice to finally have a go at some embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I also bought some patterns from Sublime Stitches a while ago and never really got round to trying them out. You have motivated me to dig them out and give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute! It's so colorful and fun :)

    ReplyDelete