Friday, 4 January 2013
Finished Project: Christmas Cambie
Back in November I decided I wanted to make a Christmas themed dress for the last day of term at school, to properly get in the Christmas spirit. I found this cotton Rudolf fabric online and thought it'd make a great Christmas dress.
I thought the Cambie dress would be perfect for this so I made version B this time as I wanted a fuller skirt. The last Cambie I made was just a smidge too loose on the bodice so this time I sewed 6/8" side seams instead of 5/8" seams, which seamed to do the trick.
I lined the dress with white cotton lining again and also lengthened the skirt by about 2". I could still have it a little longer though so I might add a total of 3" on next time and see how that turns out. Other than that though, there isn't really anything else new to mention in terms of construction. The whole thing took me a day to sew up, tops. It's such a simple make really for such a neat, lovely finished dress. Tasia has made the instructions so easy to follow.
The dress went down very well at school on the last day of term and my 2 1/2 year old niece also loved it when I wore it again on Christmas day! lol
Next up a sewing themed Cambie with the tape measure fabric I bought at the Birmingham Blogger Meetup.
I can't wait to get started on this!