Sunday, 16 December 2012

FO: The Miette Cardigan

I've done it!!! My first ever adult sized knitted piece of clothing! With the exception of the cowls I made last year, but they don't quite fall in to the same category in my eyes... It's Andi Satturlund's Miette cardigan and I love it.


So it's taken me about 6 months on and off - pretty slow I know, but I'm not the fastest knitter in the world and I get easily distracted by sewing usually.


It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy all in all with this make. I'll definitely make it again, but I'd add more length next time as it's a tad shorter than it's meant to be. No pictures of me wearing it yet because my photo monkey is away so I can't get him to take pictures of me in it. 

Although it took me 6 months to make it's actually a pretty straightforward knit - lots of stocking stitch! After my failure to get beyond the first 8 rows of the Agatha cardigan I needed something like this to give me a bit more confidence. 

I still really want to knit the Agatha cardigan but I might wait till my knitting is a little better - there are short rows in the pattern and it just confused the hell out of me! 

Up next though is the Debbie Bliss Cable Cardigan from her Land Girl knitting book. I've already started, but as you can see I haven't got very far yet! lol This could take me a while I think...


6 comments:

  1. I love your cardigan! I also love your next project! If my knitting is improved I'll give this project a shot, I'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the time and effort paid off.. It's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing! I'm jealous. I'm hoping to learn how to knit in the new year but I can't imagine I'll be knitting cardies for ages yet! I love the land girl one too, it's really pretty and looks very flattering. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys - it tool a while but it was definitely worth it... Sabs, Katho, you should definitely give the Miette cardigan a go - it's quite straightforward for a beginner. If I can manage it. everyone can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful and I am so jealous! Lol to "photo monkey"- I might start calling my bf that now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! Haha - I have to admit the other half doesn't really appreciate the title even when I tell him it's a term of endearment! lol.

      Delete