I've been lucky enough to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Sabs over at Tybalt: King of Cats and Amy over at Almond Rock. Amy nominated me over a month ago and Sabs just recently. I've been so busy with my course I've only just got round to blogging about it so here goes.
The purpose of the Liebster Award (according to Sabs' post) is to bring blogs that have less than 200 followers into the limelight and increase their readership. I'm a relatively newbie blogger so I'm especially grateful for these nominations.
According to Sabs, the rules are:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself;
- Answer 11 questions that your nominator asked you;
- Nominate up to 5 other blogs for the award and ask them 11 questions of your own.
So firstly, 11 random facts:
- Until 4 months ago I was an environmental scientist, but I've since gone back to university to train as a primary teacher (because I'm a sucker for punishment obviously! :D);
- I get really annoyed by people who don't use the correct spellings for there and their / your and you're.... I'm quite anal about it to be honest!
- I love growing my own vegetables - nothing tastes better than a fresh picked tomato;
- One day my other half and I dream of owning a smallholding with chickens and a poly tunnel;
- I absolutely LOVE Christmas;
- I'm a Real Ale fanatic;
- I'm determined to learn to crochet this year;
- I'd like to finish at least one knitted cardigan / jumper in 2013;
- I volunteer for the RSPB once a month;
- I'm still a tree hugger despite no longer being an environmental scientist;
- I get really annoyed by people who drop litter - to the point of telling them to pick it up and put it in the bin.
Here are my answers to Sabs' questions:
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? I'd be a bird of some description - I love the idea of being able to fly and see everything from a birds eye view.
2. What colour are your eyes? Hazel
3. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up and have you become that? I wanted to be a PE teacher (like my mum). I'm not quite a PE teacher but I'm heading down the teaching route at least.
4. What was your favourite childhood toy? My brother's lego - everyone insisted on buying me dolls which I hated, luckily from me though my brother was a generous soul!
5. Dresses or trousers? Dresses mostly, although I do sill love my comfy jeans.
6. How many hours a day or week do you spend looking at other peoples' blogs? An hour a day probably.
7. If you could timetravel back to the past and change one thing, what would it be? Nothing - all life experiences make you who you are, regardless of whether they were good or bad.
8. What have you always wanted to do but were too afraid to try? Sky diving.
9. What crafting experience (ie something you've made) are you most proud of? The patchwork blanket I made from my niece when she was born - it's by no means perfect, but she loves it and that makes it perfect!
10. Which day of the week do you hate the most? Tuesdays. You've still got 4 more days of the week to get through till the weekend.
11. Daddy or chips? ?
So, now for my 11 questions for the blogs I've nominated:
- Red wine or white wine?
- What made you start sewing/knitting/crafting?
- If you could give any craft a go, what would it be?
- Favourite radio station?
- Dogs or cats?
- How old were you when you first started sewing/knitting/crafting?
- Stolen from Sabs but... What crafting experience (ie something you've made) are you most proud of?
- What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
- What's your favourite time of year?
- How much time per week do you spend sewing/knitting/crafting?
- How big is your sewing / knitting stash?
And finally - the nominees. Dum dah dah dum dum duuuum....