Sunday, 21 October 2012

Bombshell Dress: Progress

Well, I'm still alive - just! This uni course is more manic than even I anticipated and I knew before it started that it would be pretty crazy! I've had so little time for doing anything even remotely crafty.

But, I'm making (slow) progress on my bombshell dress... I should definitely have it made for Christmas.

I've finished the outer bodice, including the padding etc...


I've attached the sarong skirt - though it's a little restrictive towards the middle of my thighs so I may have to do a minor alteration to add a smidge more ease...


 And the lapped zipper is in...


Now all that's left to do is make the bodice lining with all the steel boning, attach a waist stay and a zipper guard and sort the ham/skirt vent... so not much! :)

all in all I'm pretty pleased with the results so far.

In other news, I've also done a little bit of work on my Miette cardigan - I now have sleeve holes!


Also this weekend, I had the pleasure of meeting up with Roisin of Dolly Clackett. She showed me the delights of Leamington's fabric shops, which I knew nothing about despite only living 10 minutes away by train! It was so lovely to meet her. I had such a great time. Now I can't wait for more sewing blogger meet-ups in the future!

6 comments:

  1. The dress is looking amazing! I really want to see it finished. That shade of green is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Merche! It's slow work but worth every second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty a colour! It's a lot of work, isn't it? But it will be so worth it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a lot of work, but I'm really enjoying challenging myself like this. Can't wait for it to be finished now!

      Delete
  4. It's turning out beautifully! I just love the color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! I really love bottle green, yet this will be the first thing in my wardrobe that colour strangely!

      Delete