Friday, 14 September 2012

Friday Round-up #7

No WIPS this week I'm afraid. I've started back at Uni on a PGCE primary course and life has been quite simply manic this week. I've been so busy making notes on my first placement every evening that there hasn't been a single minute to spare for anything remotely crafty! Pretty rubbish really, but I can see this being the order of my life for the next 12 months whilst I do this course. Sewing is going to have to take a bit of a back seat to studying unfortunately. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do some sewing over the weekend though.

So without further a-do, on to the Friday links...

  • Have you seen the two new Colette Patterns offerings? Gorgeous - I want need both! The Juniper trousers are lovely and would make a great pair of wide leg jeans and the Anise is simply beautiful! I like them so much I've already bought them both! (what was that about sewing taking a back seat to studying?)...
  • Another great tutorial from Cotton and Curls - this time, how to change over-sized pants into bell-bottoms.
  • And here's another tutorial - this time from Handmade Jane showing you how to make a cute baby blanket - I have a couple of friends who are either due very soon or have just given birth that I'm definitely going to make these for!
  • Gertie has got another online workshop out today (and another tomorrow). Pop over and and see what they're about.
  • And whilst I'm on the topic of Gertie - she's also released the sew-along schedule for her Butterick 5824 coat if you want to sew along. If I had the time for this kind of detailed sewing I'd love to join in but alas it's not to be...
  • For those of you who might be new to sewing, Suzannah over at Adventures in Dressmaking shares a post about how to use sewing patterns.
Happy weekend everyone! Hopefully I'll have more to show you WIP wise next week.

3 comments:

  1. Love all of these things! And I agree, totally *neeeeed* the new Colette patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the Collette patterns too! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying going back to school - even if it is a bit hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good links!! I hadn't seen gerties new tutorial, and do fancy those fancy pants tap pants....!!

    ReplyDelete