Saturday, 25 August 2012

Generosity

Hello All!

Just wanted to share with you a very generous present I received this week. Friday was my last day at work as I'm heading back to university to re-train as a teacher at the start of September (gulp). I work for a very small company but colleagues we just so generous I couldn't quite believe it! I swear it actually made me well up!


Knowing that I love to sew, they'd asked me whether there were any particular sewing type things I might want as a leaving present. I gave them a list of books and other options - never expecting to receive more than one of the the things on this list, but instead, I opened up my present and found all of this inside!

I am one very lucky girl! Now I just need to decide which knitting project to start first and what to spend the vouchers on! :-) 

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Fab gifts! I have both the Stitch in time book and the Aldrich book. I bought yarn today for one of the patterns - Quick work in thick wool ( I think thats the name, at least)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many patterns to choose from in this book I have no idea where to start! I know the pattern you mean though. Can't wait to see your finished project!

      Delete
  2. Oh how wonderful! It must be so upsetting to leave a workplace where everyone thinks so highly of you!

    Nothy
    www.aquestionfortheteacher.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is upsetting yes, but I'm starting a very exciting new chapter so it'll be worth it in the end! :-)

      Delete
  3. What a great gift! Those a very nice colleagues.
    Lots of luck in this new chapter you are about to enter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Merche! It's very exciting to start something new! Any yes, my old colleagues were lovely!

      Delete
  4. wow you have the best colleagues!!

    ReplyDelete