Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Flea Market Finds


Morning all. This weekend I headed to the Giant Flea Market in Malvern. I was actually looking for more of the 1950s dinner service I’ve been collecting for a few years. It never crossed my mind that I would find sewing stuff there, never having seen any before!

But I did find sewing stuff. There was so much fabric on sale, I couldn’t believe it. I managed to control myself for the most part but then I saw a stall which had two boxes full of sewing patterns and I just had to take a look!
Most of them were 70’s and 80’s patterns which didn’t appeal, but here is what I did come away with:

Butterick 2545: I think this will be such a great basic top pattern.

Woman's Realm L258. I've never heard of this company before. Not a big fan of the collars on these dresses, but I really love the sleeveless version.

 Vogue 2646: This pattern has never even been used, and is still in factory folds. 

Simplicity 9906: Just a nice simple shift dress patter, Really like the different necklines.
These patterns only cost me £1 each – bargain!  
I did also buy some fabric. I came away with about 5-6m in total:


There;s about 2.5-3m of this polkadot cotton and it only cost me £5, which I thought was pretty good.


And there's at least 3m of this fabric too, which again cost me£5.

Sadly, I didn’t see any buttons / zips or other notions, but all in all I’m quite happy with this haul!
How was everyone else’s weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Que suerte!!!, y que envidia. Los patrones me gustan, sobretodo, el Realm L258 y Vogue 5646, con la tela roja de lunares!!.
    Yo este finde, no he cosido. He estado en el pueblo disfrutando de la piscina, de familia y amigos!!.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, AMAZING finds! I'm so jealous! Especially love that last Vogue pattern with the button detail.

    ReplyDelete