Friday, 20 July 2012

New Post Series: Friday Round-up

Happy Friday lovely people!

I've decided to start a new blog post series - I'm going to (try) to do a round-up post every Friday sharing any interesting blog posts I've read and my WIPs.

I read some really interesting blog posts every week and thought it only fair to share them. Some of you may well have already read them but I thought it might be interesting to share them with those of you that haven't!

So without further ado...

WIPs


My Peony is almost done - just the zipper and facing to add then the hemming. I'm hoping to have it finished today.


Gertie's Bombshell Dress (Craftsy video course): This will no doubt be a bit of a slow burner, but I've taken the plunge and bought this course as I thought it might be nce to learn a few new skills under Gertie's expert guidance! There have already been some gorgeous versions of this dress completed by the likes of Karen over at Did You Make That, and Suzy at Suzy Sewing - so hopefully mine will be just as lovely!

So... on to the Friday Links:
  • Sarai's post about sewing and happiness is a really interesting read - and I agree completely with her! Some of the comments to this post are also just as interesting!
  • One Little Minute shared her method of getting perfectly straight and equal pleats on a skirt - I'll definitely be trying this at some point.
  • Have you ever made a second version of your first ever successful make? Karen's post about revisiting the beginning is really interesting.
  • Check out Zoe's sailor collar t-shirt re-fashion. I want me one of these!
  • The Little Red Squirrel shares how she organises her sewing journal - This is something I've been thinking of doing for a while seeing Katie's post has kicked me in to gear. I'm going to get one started this weekend!
  • Finally, Tilly shares her thoughts on using quilting cottons in dressmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment