Sunday, 22 July 2012

Finished Project: Pink Sorbetto

Hello lovelies! Another finished project today. A re-fashion and a Sorbetto in one... what could be better.

I was originally intending to use this shirt to have a go at Sunni's button-up refashion box blouse, but the shirt wasn't quite large enough for it to work, so I decided to fall back on an old faithful and make another Sorbetto - I'm not sure it's possible to have too many of these tops! I wore my red and white versions so much during MMM '12 because they're just so easy to wear.


I like the fact that the button placket makes this version a little different from the others. There's not much to add in terms of sewing notes really. I used french seams to cover up all the raw edges, bound the hem with hem tape and stitched along the edge of the placket to avoid any unnecessary gaping.

All in all, this took about an hour to make - basically the time it took my other half to pop round to a friends for a chat. I started sewing just as he left and by the time he got back I was putting the finished top on to show him. I think he was quite impressed with my speed sewing too! So that's one more basic top to add to my me made wardrobe. Now I just need to try and sort out the re-sizing of my 1950s top and I'll have another top to add to my wardrobe.

6 comments:

  1. This is a great refashion! And the fitting is perfect! Looks lovely on you, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Merche - the ever faithful Sorbetto is a good fall back for a simple top!

      Delete
  2. I love it, I'll definitely have to try refashioning some button down shirts myself, sooo cute.

    Sara
    www.roadtotheheart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sara - it was such a simple make - I'll definitely be doing more re-fashions like this myself!

      Delete
  3. Te ha quedado muy bonita la blusa sorbetto con los botones y encima reciclando, genial!!!.
    Te acabo de conocer por Merche de Blog aventuras de costuras.
    Me quedo por aquí, me gusta mucho tu blog.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab refashion! The fit came out so well.

    ReplyDelete