All in all I think the month went quite well - I managed to keep to my pledge of wearing at least one me made item every day and didn't completely repeat a single outfit, although some were remarkably similar. My excuse is that I still don't actually have that many me made items!
I managed to wear every item I've made at least once which was good, and finished two new items to wear during the month as well. Like many other people, I've found that taking part in MMM has taught me a variety of things:
- I am desperately short of me made tops - although I happily wear dresses and skirts during the week and often at weekends, I quickly came to the realisation that when I was hanging around the house at weekends trying to get messy chores done, I really didn't have many appropriate things to wear with a pair of jeans.
- Many people have recently been talking about their sewing being 'too much frosting, not enough cake'. With the exception of my Ceylon dress and a lack of more casual tops, it was good to see that my other makes easily translated into more casual outfits - so, so far I seem to be doing well on the cake front!
- Having to wear a limited number of items for 31 days meant that I started to think about how I could pair items with each other in combinations I wouldn't previously have thought about.
- Although by the end of the month I was pretty fed up of having to take a photo of myself every day (I'm not a big fan of having my picture taken at the best of times), I think the process has generally helped me become a little bit more comfortable in front of the camera lens.
- I have absolutely no me made trousers / shorts, which I think is a significant gap in my wardrobe, especially given point 2 above.
As for the trousers, well I've just purchased this pattern:
And I think maybe the Colette Clovers will go on the birthday list come the Autumn, so when I finally pluck up the courage to start either pattern I'll let you know!
Plus, as an added bonus, I got to find some great new blogs through the flicker site! So here's to another me made month next year - maybe I'll even have some me made trousers to wear next time round...