Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Me Made May '12: Days 13 - 16

Without further ado...




13th May:

What I wore: Pyjamas

What I was doing: Lazing around the house in the morning working on my Pastille dress, though after lunch I did actually get changed to make the most of the sunshine and go for a walk in the Warwickshire countryside.

I love these pyjamas - they've been worn loads since I made them as they're just SO comfortable!











14th May

What I wore: Re-fashioned granny skirt (pre-blog) from a hideous thrifted 1980s dress with giant shoulder pads. The dress was awful, but I really liked the pleated skirt so I decided to unpick it from the bodice and add a new waistband.

What I was doing: Just work.... same old Monday to Friday! Then I did some sewing in the evening.












15th May

What I wore: Ceylon dress

What I was doing: I was at a training event - it's a little over dressed really, but I wanted to wear it at least once during MMM '12 but I just don't have to be that smart at work. I think a cardi and flats kind of dressed it down a little though!













16th May

What I wore: Re-made thrifted dress. I found this dress in the charity shop. think it's from the 80s and it looks like it was handmade. I shortened the hem by quite a lot as it sat mid-calf on me originally and also took in the side seams and re-did the shirring at the back waistline.

I really like this dress now it's knee length, plus it's got giant pockets at the front which is always an added bonus!

What I was doing: Work during the day, then out for a curry with friends in the evening.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad I'm not the only one who had lazed about in pajamas :)

    Your floral dress with matching cardi is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, sometimes it just has to be done right? Although I excused myself by finally getting changed to go out for a walk later in the day! lol

      I love the print on that dress - it's just so summery!

      Delete
  2. what a lovely week. I am in love with your Ceylon dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love that Ceylon - the style is just so flattering.

      Delete