So... this is the first dress I made, just over a year ago...
It's Simplicity 7120, a 1960s pattern. In all honesty, it probably wasn't the most sensible patter to start with since it was at least two sizes too big, but I found it for pennies in a charity shop so I figured why not give it a go! The instructions themselves weren't difficult to follow it was just the re-grading that was a bit daunting. Luckily for me though, my mum used to make her own clothes when she was younger, so she was able to help me re-size the pattern. I seem to remember making 3 different muslins in the end before actually making the real thing because I was too scared to take too much off in one go.
It doesn't really look much on the dummy, but it's actually a really comfortable dress and works just as well with tights in the winter and flipflops in the summer. Looking back now though, I should have lined it as the cotton is quite sheer and I have to wear an underskirt in the winter to stop it snagging on my tights. Plus, it's by no means perfect, even if it was my first dress - the neckline is a bit wonky for example:
and the zip at the back isn't brilliant, but i'll definitely make this again now I've got it to my size - there's just a lot of other stuff I want to make first!